Before Sending Your Quilt Top To Be Quilted
What you need to do:
- Square your quilt top, press your seams flat and the whole quilt top thoroughly, and trim clumps and long unraveled threads. Keep in mind that dark threads will show through white/light colored fabric and will look like unsightly varicose veins on your quilt.
- Important: If your borders do not lay flat, fix them before sending/bringing them to us. They must lay flat to make a nice quilt. There is extra work involved in handling “full” quilts, and the results will never be as pleasing as when the construction of the quilt was well done.
- If not purchasing wide backing from us, square your quilt backing and press it. Backing must be 8 inches wider & longer than your quilt top. In addition, cut off the selvage before piecing the back – otherwise extra distortion may occur.
Note: This means 4" on top, 4" on bottom, 4" on each side. More is okay but not better.
If you do not have enough backing material for full extra 8”, add a strip of any fabric on hand where needed, just as long as it will be at least 2" outside of the quilt top dimension!
- Mark the top of your quilt with a safety pin.
- If you do not purchase from us, provide batting the same size as the backing, e.g. at least 8 inches wider and longer than your quilt top.
- If you want us to complete your quilt, provide the binding 2.25 inches wide and 20 inches longer than the distance around the edge of your quilt (2L + 2W + 20") to allow for corners.
- Select your longarm PAT design pattern on the Edge-to-Edge Quilting Pattern page, on the Custom Quilting Pattern page, or choose it online using various links provided on those pages. The patterns on the external websites with only the extension PAT can be sewn on our Innova longarm. If you need any help with this, just let us know and we will be happy to assist you.
- Call, Email or make an appointment to see us to receive an accurate price quote for any quilting services that you are interested in.
- Unless other arrangements have been made, mail these items to us at your expense. Remember to insure the contents and wrap them in a secure plastic bag to avoid possible water damage to your quilt. Once the quilt is finished I will mail it back to you. The shipping and insurance costs will be added to your bill.
Important: We reserve the right to send your top & backing back to you untouched if not properly prepared. In certain cases with your permission, we may choose to do what is essential for an added fee. We will contact you first if your quilt top needs additional work prior to quilting.